The Flex Plugin Library is a collection of ready-to-install Flex plugins. It simplifies the discovery and installation of quality Flex plugins. You can install a library plugin directly on the Manage Plugins page of the Flex UI without having to use the Flex Plugins command line interface (CLI).
Plugins in the library require Flex UI version
2.x.x onwards. If you are still on Flex UI version 1.x, you will not be able to install plugins from the library. Consider migrating to Flex UI 2.0 to use the library.
You can access the Flex Plugin Library by logging in as a Flex Admin and clicking Plugins in the Admin dashboard.
To browse the Flex Plugin Library, click on the Plugins panel in the Admin dashboard.
This view has changed since the introduction of the plugin library. Glossary of the tabs:
- Plugin Library: This is where ready-to-install Flex plugins live. Plugins in the library are broadly categorized into two:
- Twilio Plugins: These are plugins built by the Twilio product teams.
- Community Plugins: These are plugins built by the Twilio community of developers (third-party developers) and are not considered Services (as defined in the Twilio Terms of Service).
- Custom plugins: This tab was previously called “Plugins” and lists plugins that customers have developed or customized and uploaded via the Plugins CLI. You can even customize a plugin from the Plugin Library.
- Custom plugin releases: This tab lists all the versions of the Custom plugins you have released and allows rolling back to a previous release.
The Manage Plugins page displays a collection of ready-to-install Flex plugins. Click on a plugin thumbnail to view more details. The Plugin Details page describes the functionality that the plugin enables and related attributes such as plugin versioning, supported Flex UI versions, and required installation steps.
To install a plugin, click Install on the Plugin Details page and provide any necessary information required by the plugin. Also ensure you follow additional Twilio Console steps outlined in the page.
You will be notified once the plugin has been installed. In the meantime, feel free to install other plugins or navigate elsewhere.
If a new version of the plugin is available, it will be indicated by an “Upgrade available” tag on the plugin thumbnail in the Manage Plugins page or the Plugin Details page. Click Upgrade to apply the update.
The Upgrade button only appears if you have previously installed the plugin and a higher version is available.
If for some reason, you do not need the plugin anymore, click Uninstall on the page.
Installing, updating, or uninstalling a plugin affects all agents associated with your Flex application.
Most plugins in the library are open-sourced. The Additional information section on the Plugin Details page will point to the plugin source repository.
If you need to customize a plugin to suit your specific use case, click on the Customize GitHub URL and clone the repository. Make the necessary changes and use the Flex Plugins CLI to upload your own custom plugin. Once your custom plugin is uploaded, it will show up in the Custom Plugins Dashboard.
If you upload a custom plugin that extends a plugin from the library, please remember to uninstall the corresponding library plugin to avoid conflicts and unpredictable behavior.