This Twilio product is currently available as a Beta release. Some features are not yet implemented and others may be changed before the product is declared as Generally Available. Use of this Beta release is subject to the relevant terms of the applicable license agreement. Beta products are not covered by a Twilio SLA. Learn more about beta product support.
Flex Conversations requires Flex UI 2.0. If you are on Flex UI 1.x, please refer to Chat and Messaging pages.
When a new Flex account is created, one default Chat Address will be created out-of-the-box. Refer to the Test a Chat Address section below for information on how to use it with the demo application.
At some point, you might need additional Chat Addresses to handle your traffic. For example, you might be running multiple websites, or might be rendering your website in multiple languages and might want to route conversations differently per language.
In this case, we recommend creating a separate Chat Address for each use case.
You can create Chat Addresses via Flex Console > Manage > Messaging:
- Click + Create new Address from the Conversations Addresses tab.
- Select Chat as the Address type.
- You can optionally enter a friendly name.
- Configure the integration to Flex - either by using Studio or Webhook. The most common configuration is to integrate a Chat Address to Flex using a Studio Flow. Unless you have removed or reconfigured it, you should be good to use the out-of-box Studio Flow “Chat Flow” (or “WebChat Flow”). To learn more about configuring Studio Flows, see Configure pre-agent workflow with Studio.
You can edit or delete Chat Addresses at any point using the Flex Console.
The quickest way to test your Chat Address is using our WebChat React demo app, a React App that demonstrates a website chat widget built for Flex Conversations.
You will need the following for your Flex account:
- Account SID (get from Account dashboard)
- Auth Token (get from Account dashboard)
- API Secret (get from Account > API keys & tokens; create a new API key if you don’t yet have one and make sure you save the secret)
- Conversation Service SID (ISxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; find the default Conversation Service from Conversations > Manage > Defaults)
- Chat Address SID (IGxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; create a Chat Address in Flex > Manage > Messaging > Conversations, or copy a SID of an existing Chat Address)