If you need to configure multiple SIMs on a single Twilio account, we have a Node.JS script and a
.csv spreadsheet file which will help you do so.
Note The script will not allow you to transfer SIMs between accounts.
The script dscribed in this guide is intended to be used if you are managing a fleet of SIMs, but it may also come in useful if you are looking for a code example that makes use of the Programmable Wireless API.
This guide assumes you are familiar with the Twilio plaform, Git, and are able to install and use Node.js and Node Package Manager (npm).
- Make sure Node.JS is installed.
- Download the contents of this GitHub repository to a local directory.
- Navigate to the local directory in a terminal,
- Open the file
app.jsin your IDE or text editor of choice.
- Enter your Account Sid on line 3.
- Enter your Auth Token on line 4.
Twilio Programmable Wireless - SIMs.csvin any compatible spreadsheet app.
- Enter one SIM per row.
- Note Only enter information in a row that you wish to update. Sim Sids are required.
- Export the spreadsheet as a
.csvfile in the same folder as
app.jslooks for the filename
Twilio Programmable Wireless - SIMs.csvby default.
- Start a terminal and
cdto the directory where
Twilio Programmable Wireless - SIMs.csvare located.
You can find out what each column in the spreadsheet means by checking out the SIM documentation.