This onboarding guide walks you through the first steps of using Flex, Twilio's flexible contact center platform: creating a Twilio Flex account, navigating the built-in Flex UI, and handling incoming phone calls and SMS messages. You will also start setting up your Flex contact center to route incoming calls to specific sets of Agents based on the caller's needs.
This is meant for administrators who would like to get started navigating and understanding Flex's feature set and for developers who want to understand Flex's core interfaces before building and customizing their Flex instance.
The guide covers the following:
- A glossary of Twilio Flex terminology, mapped to common Contact Center terms
- Set up your Twilio Flex account
- Navigate through the Flex UI
- Handle inbound calls and SMS messages
- Create new Skills, Task Queues, and Workflows for routing Tasks to specific agents in your Flex instance
- Edit and deploy an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system to route calls to the appropriate Queues
The actions in this guide aim to help you understand the foundational concepts of Flex and identify next steps as you begin your journey toward building and using Flex for your business. When you complete this guide, you should have a functioning IVR system that can accept incoming phone calls and route them to one of two sets of workers in your Flex instance, depending on what the caller needs.