- Rapid Response Broadcasting Kit
Rapid Response Broadcasting Kit
- COVID use case
- Social Impact
A broadcasting voice app that uses Twilio conferencing to enable immediate communication with a wide group of people after a disaster.
This sample app implements a disaster response kit that allows organizers to instantly communicate with a large group of volunteers. The app supports 2 primary usecases:
- It allows organizers to quickly spin up a conference line to support situations where all parties (organizers and volunteers) need to talk immediately. This is acheived by:
- creating Conference calls to connect with all first responders over the Voice channel
- setting Conference call characteristics that determine when the call starts/ends and if the call is one-way (listen-only)
- It allows organizers to broadcast spoken messages to a list of volunteer phone numbers. This is achieved by:
- Creating a recording
- Calling the list of volunteer numbers via the Twilio Voice REST API
- Playing the recording to the volunteers that answer the call before hanging up
There was an issue loading the page.
Please try again in some time.